One of the most common mistakes when searching for the right Walk-In is not considering the Quick Ship options. Quick Ships have many benefits but are not right for everyone.
Quick Ship Walk-In Coolers and Freezers are an economical and efficient choice for your refrigerated Walk-In needs. Unlike custom units, their panels are standardized and able to be shipped in just a few days. Because of this, not only is the lead time drastically reduced, but the cost is typically below the price of custom alternatives.
Continue reading to learn more about if a Quick Ship is the right option for you.
Quick Ships Are Faster
Quick Ship panels are pre-designed and pre-manufactured. Therefore, we always have them in-stock and ready to ship to you! When you order a custom Walk-In Cooler or Freezer, each unit is engineered and manufactured to meet the unique specifications of your application. The entire process for a custom unit takes four weeks or more, whereas Quick Ships remove that aspect and only take either 2- or 10-days to ship depending on options. Our Quick Ship program marries our most efficient manufacturing process to the most common accessories.
Quick Ships Are More Affordable
Since Quick Ship Walk-In Coolers and Freezers are pre-designed and use only nominal sizes, they’re more affordable than other Walk-Ins because engineering and manufacturing times are limited. They’re available in 20+ standard sizes, which means you can find the capacity you need, at a price you’ll like, without having to wait over a month for delivery. It is important to note Quick Ships present a faster and more affordable option without sacrificing quality!
Not Sure What You Need? We’ll Help You Find the Right Walk-In
We know our business depends on your refrigeration needs being met. You can’t afford to have your Walk-In Freezer not be exactly at the right temperature or your Walk-In Cooler breaking down in the middle of summer.
“We always consider Quick Ships as an option for our customers and will advise if it’s a good fit. The reality of refrigeration is that it’s highly customizable, so there aren’t always neat answers. Our team is trained to work hand-in-hand with our customers and listen to their needs so we can provide you with the right product for your application. We take the time to get it right because we believe it’s our job to watch out for you. It’s that personal touch that makes all the difference.”
– Bruce Thomsen, Director of Sales – Walk-In Division
We also understand that speed, affordability, and features all impact the quality of your products and your company’s bottom line, which is why we always help our customers find the right option for them. Sometimes a customer comes to us looking for a custom Walk-In but a Quick Ship would work just as well — while being more affordable and faster. We’ll make sure to always steer you to the right choice for your business’ needs and take everything from budget to capacity into consideration. So even if you don’t consider a Walk-In, we’ll likely considered one for you to ensure that wouldn’t be a better fit.
What if Quick Ship Isn’t Right for Me?
Our Quick Ship & Quick Ship Plus Program is great. But it’s not for everyone. If you have complex needs, no worries, we’ll help you navigate the surprisingly complex world of refrigerated units to make sure you end up with the highest quality option that meets your needs.
Industries that are good candidates for Quick Ship:
- Certain Food Service Industries – pizza places are a perfect example of the prime candidate for a Quick Ship Option. You have dough and maybe a few other ingredients to store, so you can keep your refrigerated units simple and straightforward.
- Food Pantries and Food Banks – often these organizations have straightforward food storage needs that can be met with a Quick Ship option.
- Mortuaries – we’ve seen mortuaries successfully use Quick Ship units, though we do recommend discussing your needs first to make sure.
Industries that may need custom options:
- Grocery Stores – your unique spaces often require custom builds to maximize storage and make sure each food product is stored with the proper type of refrigeration.
- Convenience Stores – like grocery stores, c-stores have space requirements and unique refrigerated displays that require extra attention.
- Certain Food Service Industries – especially if you store poultry, marinades, bananas, and leafy greens in your Walk-In Cooler, you’ll need a custom option. The gases that these foods release can corrode copper coils and galvanized steel that are typical of Quick Ships.
Before your next purchase of a Walk-In Cooler or Freezer, consider a Quick Ship option. And if you’re not 100% sure what you need, talk to one of our specialists today. No matter what, when you order from Leer, we’ll make sure you’re getting the best option for your needs.
If you enjoyed this blog, subscribe to our temperature-controlled storage solutions newsletter!